Welcome to the section of the website where you can find out more about the school governors, and the work that we do.
The main objective of the Governing Body is to provide strategic leadership to the school with the aim of ensuring that the children have the best possible and most rounded education that can be provided within our community. We act as a critical friend as well as celebrating the school’s achievements. We help the school to set and reach targets and to strive for excellence within each school year. The main documents used for this are the School Development Plan (SDP) and the Self Evaluation Form (SEF). The SDP sets out a strategic plan for the school, with targets that everyone works towards, whilst the SEF sets out how well the school is doing and where we aim to make the improvements.
The governors' primary roles can be summarised as follows:
- Ensuring the ethos and the setting of principles under which the school operates.
- Ensuring the National Curriculum is taught and ensure the school provides a high standard and effectiveness of teaching and learning.
- Controlling the overall financial affairs of the School, setting financial priorities in line with the School Development Plan.
- Appointing and supporting the teaching staff.
- Maintaining and improving School standards
- Maintaining and improving School facilities.
- Acting as a link between the school, the local community and the parent body.
The governing body includes representatives from the Parish Council, the Parochial Church Council, the Diocesan Board of Education, the Staff and the Parents.
at Gen Purp
|Foundation Bishop||LAC||Rev Jane Holmes||20/7/19||75%|
|Foundation DBE||H&S||Alan Smith||22/5/22||100%||50%||66%|
|Foundation DBE/PCC||Chair of Finance Committee||Nigel Perks||01/09/20||100%||100%||100%||100%|
Chair of Governors and Chair of Curriculum Committee
- Staff well-being
|Foundation PCC||Attendance||Christianne Groom||4/3/20||100%||100%|
Vice Chair of Governors
- Staff well-being
Chair of General Purpose Committee
|Parent Governor||Deborah Sedgwick||01/11/22||n/a|
|Parent Governor||Beverley Leighton||01/9/20||50%||33%|
|Staff Governor||Karen King||18/9/20||100%||100%||100%||66%|
|Clerk to Governors||Sandra Flaxman (Clerk)|